View Single Post
Old 19-01-2017, 19:57   #31
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: What is the alternative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
I did not realise they got free health care. Perhaps Dave in Germany will know.
Not here they don't! Working here legally on the German system, registered & paying my contributions covers me for the same health care as any other person playing by the rules in Germany. I think the folk mentioned in your article are more likely those that have retired after working & paying their stamp in the UK, but then settle somewhere in the sun where their pension has more worth.

Having said that, theoretically they should have health insurance/cover to meet any requirements for health care. Apparently throughout Europe there's a reciprocal agreement for Countries to treat foreign eu nationals as required. Some countries require payment from the patient straight away & their medical insurance details which can then be reclaimed by the patient, others take details & apply to the government of the national involved for repayment.

Something the NHS should be doing but aren't & then they complain they're losing money hand over fist because of "Health Tourism"! More to the point they're losing money because of their own inaction & refusal to apply procedures already in place to enable the recuperation of treatment costs!

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 19-01-2017 at 20:00.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web