View Single Post
Old 19-03-2017, 19:49   #415
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Metal Detecting (Including Finds).

Today,I decided a detecting session was in order, I arrived at my favourite permission at about 9am full of hope.

Things soon went from bad to worse,I made a school boy error by turning my detecting stick on without finding a clean spot first.
A hour later,soaked to my core, I hadn't dug anything but a copper pipe,a shotgun top and 3ringpulls.Soooo I turned the detecting stick off,had a little breather and started again putting my best foot forward.

At the far side of the farm is a area which is host to a number of large oak trees,wanting shelter from the wind and rain, I headed over and dug several lumps of fence on the way.Then I got a cracking signal which got me all excited,by this time I was literally drenched,it turned out to be a lovely Victorian pencil sharpener.

I set off round these old trees and it wasn't long before I got another cracking signal, the detecting stick was saying its 8" deep, so down I dug and saw a cross shape object......Yes it was my first 1700's orthodox pedant.

To cut a long story short,I spent the whole day rolling around in the mud,the finds of note are:-

1 George 11 halfpenny
1 1700's crotal bell
1 cross pendant
1 little shoe buckle
1 Victorian pencil sharpener
1 dog pendant capsule,a few buttons and a few predecimal bits of change.

image.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 19-03-2017 at 19:51.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote