View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 06:59   #16
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Wrong un's (allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, he did actually put in the title 'allegedly'.
To me this means that you make your own mind up, or it may mean that he questions the allegations.
He posted links to an articles in local media. Now if the local media had not published these articles there would have been nothing to post about...so while you are entitled to have an opinion about who is at fault..To my mind,it is certainly the fault of local media.
Local media may say that they are performing a vital public service.
It would be far better if they confined themselves to reporting only proven cases, rather than whipping up hysteria(and possibly racial tensions).
These offences are alleged to have taken place some time during the 90's but are only being investigated now...more than two decades later.
It's pointless trying to explain to him M,he's made his mind up ....I shouldn't have to (and I won't) explain my motives for posting this thread.

While the media do tarnish innocent folks reputations by publishing their identities before they're even found guilty,for me, I see it as a problem with the person if they want to make presumptions of guilt before the justice procedure has run its course.

Publishing these folks names,however much potential it has to damage their reputation, could potentially encourage other victims (if there are any) into coming forward so I can see it from both sides.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web