View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 07:56   #420
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Metal Detecting (Including Finds).

Mrs E went out with her friends yesterday,I took this opportunity,along with the longer hours of daylight,to visit a undisclosed permission that I haven't really had the chance to get to before.

The weather was relatively nice and it was a pleasant change to visit another part of Lancashire.The field was a lovely peaceful pasture and it was also very close a place where a Roman hoard was recovered....I was itching for my first Roman coin but sadly it wasn't to be.

The first signal was a coin, the next was some sort of dagger sheath ,There weren't many signals but what signals there was turned out to be better stuff (apart from the 12 ringpulls i dug up).

Before I knew it,it was soon time to go home,my visit cut short by a tractor turning up with slurry spraying equipment.
As it began spraying and air filled with the pungent smell of cow dunk I knew it was time to go home for tea.

The finds of note are:-
2 military cap badges
1 georgey penny (I did find more but gave them away).
1 dagger sheath (with blade inside)
1 brass lighter (not working)
1 buckle
1 enamel ring and a large musket ball

image.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote