Thread: Child Benefit
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 18:19   #12
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Child Benefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Should there still be any child benefit? Should people have a child if they are not in a financial position to support a child without expecting others to pay towards its upkeep?
No there shouldn't, at least, in a world where everyone is responsible for their actions, unfortunately too many folk don't consider having a small number of children to be something they should be responsible for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I'm sure you're aware that some folk have unplanned children,it's not the child's fault...is it?
Of course it's not the child's fault, however irresponsible parents shouldn't get a free ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats a damn good question, reason i had only 2, is cos it woulda been very hard to support more, with wages around here.
I also only had the two, anyone that wants more should be free to have them so long as they are prepared to take on the financial responsibility to feed clothe and educate them, it should be no-one elses responsibility.

Unfortunately that isn't the way it works, those that don't give a sod about anything tend to be the ones that ignore birth control, after all, society will take over from their lack of responsibility!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote