Thread: Bus Fares?
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 15:29   #38
kestrelx
Senior Member+

Re: Bus Fares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, but they are something in the region of £1000 new(I haven't seen any second hand ones).....and I wouldn't like to trust myself on one of them...the bus drivers don't give you room to fall off.

As for Corbyn getting in and Nationalising the buses(and lots of other things)...it STILL has to be paid for some way or another...and he would borrow money to do it...or raise money from taxes.
Kestrelx I wouldn't hold your breath for that one.

Lots of people seem to have their tickets on their smart phones these days....I suppose that is like having a smart card.
Cheaper than a car though - the motors only kick in when they sense the tension - I don't know if the sensitivity can be adjusted? So you peddle along with your feet and then as you go up a hill the motor kicks in.

If you pay £2:60 from Accy to Clayton - then if you have to catch another bus to get to your destination - that's £5:20 if you are going to work, say in Blackburn - then you have to come back which is £10:40 per day - 5 days a week - that's very expensive, that's over £50! In London that would be £3 a day.

Corbyn might get in with this new Tory Policy to take money off property owners, your property is worth more than £100,000 they take the rest off you if you have to go in a home. That will hit the middle class.

Last edited by kestrelx; 18-05-2017 at 15:34.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote