View Single Post
Old 15-07-2017, 18:34   #76
Lord Stiffupperlip

Re: Huddersfield match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
In reply to your last point Lord S I feel the answer would be roughly the same amount as most supporters I know go to watch our own team & the calibre of the opposition doesn't really matter.
It gets on my wick when people start trying to divide fans according to their, for want of a better word, 'worthiness' - not everyone can go to every game, be it friendlies or otherwise but we're all on the same side, god knows there's few enough of us without making out that some aren't as good a supporter as another!
AccyMad, I couldn't agree more!
This all goes back to a response to my thoughts on the Huddersfield game from a so-called Stanley 'supporter' who shall remain nameless (post #33), who decided to take one element of my post - about the poor attendance; & make what I felt was a ludicrous & flippant remark.
I'm not trying to divide fans, just responding to the apparent apathy evident on some of the posts regarding whether its worth attending friendlies.
I'm old enough to remember the 'can't be bothered' apathy that caused the downfall of Stanley in 1962 & it dismays me to see it rearing it's head on this forum.
What saddens me more, are the number of contributors who have rushed to defend the 'stay-away fans' & criticise one who is actually supporting the club by bothering to attend these friendlies.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web