View Single Post
Old 30-07-2017, 02:48   #1
Jackie MacCallum

John Roy (Jon) Anderson

Hi there, been to Accrington twice in my life, I was looking for places and trivia about the man I've just mentioned up here. I'm "fae Scotland", namely Ayr, Ayrshire. I'm a Rangers man, pro-Union (don't think all Rangers fans are, though, we're 50%), Labour (well, old Labour, honestly) and a big fan of '70s British progressive rock.
So anyone knows about Jon? Of course you do, I suppose he's the most famous VIP Accrington ever produced, even more than cricket commentators like Mr. Lloyd, 'cos Jon's famous all over the world, Europe and the US most of all.
He still retains his Accrington accent through and through although he's now been living in California for about 35 years, and he's doing very well at 73, I watched him live a few months ago.
I remember he once said he used to live in Norfolk Street and that his dad (a Scotsman from Paisley, by the way) owned a farm on the outskirts of town.
Anyone here knows whether he has relatives still living around town or anything else you can tell me about?
Thanks! ;-)
Jackie MacCallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web