View Single Post
Old 13-08-2017, 12:35   #27
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Tickets for West Brom Match

Only being a casual visitor to the Stanley, I must admit to some confusion as an outsider looking in on the convolutions that arise around a cup game. If a season ticket holder pays for their seat they have basically paid for & reserved their position for the season so how can Joe blogs (STH) for seat nr 91 be offered the chance to purchase for a one off event seats 90 & or 92 so he & his mates can sit together? Especially if seats 90 or 92, also belong to a STH who may also wish to bring a friend?

As to hospitality, Stanley aren't exactly going to be swamped with would be admirers regardless who they're playing so why oh why should loyal regulars (STHs) who've paid up front be forced to vacate their position for some "Johnny come lately" who may or may not turn up purely on a one off freebie?

As mentioned, Stanley aren't likely to max out on attendances regardless of the fixture, so wouldn't it be better for a set block of seating of maybe 50-60 seats grouped together probably somewhere within the main stand be designated as "Commercial gizzits for the one offers" be maintained as non-reserved (STH) seats, which can be used as on the day sales for the average games but restricted to "So called vips" on those special occasions when the glory hunters come calling?