View Single Post
Old 29-08-2017, 17:22   #197
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Clayton End development?

I get the idea that a new stand would create a worse atmosphere - some would vacate the Clayton End, some would vacate the main stand, so those areas would suffer and we could end up with 3 quiet stands.

However, 3 points come to mind.

1) the new stand would allow for development of the away end by giving us somewhere to put them.

2) I'd like to see the new stand be designated as a family stand. We would put concerted efforts into increasing that particular area. I would leave the Clayton End if we had a specific area to go to, as it stands my 9 year old stands on his own because he cant see - and I dont like that

3) we've had numerous moans on here recently (and rightly so) because of having to give seats up for non-STH games. Fact is we dont have enough seats to give some to away fans, some to media/hospitality/scouts/players etc AND then have enough left over for STH to sit where they went AND then leave enough seats together for groups

We dont know Andy's Grand Plan, and I'm not convinced that Andy does. Thus far he has done diddly squat with regards to getting the kids in. I know for a fact he would like to, and I know for a fact that he speaks often about legacy, and community. It's his momey that he's spending and his money that he's losing by not having hoardes of kids through the gate. I'm fairly sure that he wants both points to end sooner rather than later