View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 20:01   #38
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe V Stanley Match Thread

Had to make a choice tonight........?
Watch Spain v Italy in a world cup qualifier or Post on Accy Web.....?
NO CONTEST....!
.......So here I am commenting on today's match v Morecambe

A frenetic match high in intensity from the start....
New keeper Stryjek went down bravely to save his new team from going a goal down after only eight minutes and got somewhat twisted between others legs and hurt a Hamstring!
Chapman came on with massive pressure on him again!
Stanley largely dominated the match throughout the first half but did not take their chances until Billy tried a speculative shot on the run which bounced just in front and wide of Barry Roche and found its way into the bottom corner to give Stanley the lead they deserved!

The second half started with Morecambe putting on some pressure and then Oliver lunged in to a tackle a bit 'over stretched' and got what seemed to be a somewhat slightly harsh red card. Morecambe though still worked hard and with Stanley trying to exploit their numerical advantage the match became a real 'End to End' affair!
The match had been played at a frantic pace with Stanley playing their 'Expansive' passing style of football from the start and it took its toll on the Morecambe defenders as they began to tire towards the end. It seemed only a matter of time before Stanley would make the game safe by scoring a second goal especially as 'New Legs' had been introduced with Wilkes 'Up Front'. It took until the ninetieth minute for the glorious breakthrough to happen with the tireless running of Kayden Jackson setting up Jordan Clarke for the winning goal!
Billy Kee had been superb for Stanley holding the ball up and winning 'Tons of Headers' but Jackson and Clarke had been at the heart of all of Stanley's great work up front and they both deserved the reward of making and scoring the winning goal for the Stanley! Jackson was shattered after seventy minutes but kept on running with skill and determination at Morecambe's defence and Clarke had been very dangerous going forward but had also worked extremely hard defensively too!
The new boys Rawson and Thorniley had good games and kept up with the frantic League Two pace! Coneely was at his best as the Central Hub once more. Nolan had a super match in midfield showing good skill in link up play and excellent combativity. Donacien was as cool as a cucumber at right back and I will say once again that I rate him very highly! He has pace, skill, a deft touch, gets forward athletically but can chase back quickly too and my daughter thinks he is really good looking as well!
When Wilkes came on he added even more physical energy to our front line and he too looks like he can go along way in the game. After the final whistle he really endeared himself to the Stanley Faithful by throwing himself into the arms of some of our fans!
One player stood out for me though as he was totally imperious and that was Mark Hughes!
I have a new name for Mark Hughes.........
For me he is simply....."THE GOVERNOR!"
The Stanley support was IMMENSE and the lads and lasses behind the goal never stopped singing and urging their team on!

John and Jimmy once again have had their team from the previous season ripped apart but......WOW.....they are working their MAGIC once again as the whole squad toady were simply magnificent. Not only in the way they are adapting to John and Jimmy's passing style but in the TOTAL EFFORT put in today by every one of them.
3RD PLACE IN LEAGUE TWO IS LOOKING GOOD TO ME SO FAR!

ON STANLEY ON
COME ON YOU REDS!

Last edited by choirboy; 02-09-2017 at 20:09.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote