View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 08:06   #1504
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

If I say I am disappointed in the way our PM has caved in after her speech in Florence...then it would be a gross understatement.
Who gave her a white flag?
The proposals she has put forward to ease the deadlock in the Brexit talks were neither innovative nor imaginative.
It is more of the EU. They are still going to be pulling our strings...yanking our chain, while we like little lap dogs do their bidding...It is the Hokey Cokey EU...one foot in and one foot out.
This is not what the electorate(who voted to leave) signed up for.

They made it quite clear that they wanted out...completely...no paying of money, no open borders, no single market(which stops us from making good trade deals with the rest of the world...we will be out of the EU in name only...no powers of changing anything, still coughing up the money...and all the rest)
It is a sop to those in all parties who never wanted the electorate to be listened to.

I truly hope that the intransigence of Michel Barnier and JC Juncker continue...and that they say a resounding 'NO' to these plans.

I do not think there is much chance of me getting to taste that vintage bottle of Dom Perignon for quite a while yet...in fact I despair of it EVER getting tasted!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote