View Single Post
Old 24-09-2017, 18:40   #6
taddy

Re: John Roy (Jon) Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Jackie - Click the 'Search' button on the top line. Mr Anderson didn't own a farm, but Tony and Jon did work on one owned by a Mr Procter. Tony was at school with me and told us one day when he was 15 that he had had his leg over for the first time. He said ( and here he was probably quoting the older men he worked with on the farm " If God med owt better, he kept it to hissel'" Tony quit music to become an evangelical pastor.
You are nearly right, my wife and I have just returned from a three week holiday on the isle of wight, where we met up with Tony and his wife Sue; we spent a very pleasent afternoon with them at a touristy place in the middle of the island. (Bob, your name came into the conversation as I believe that Tony and yourself both attended Accrington grammer School)

Yes he is an evangelic pastor but he has not quit music, whilst we were in their company they very kindly presented us with two CDs of their gospel music, where Tony provides the guitar music and vocals and Sue provides the saxaphone and also joins in the vocals.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote