View Single Post
Old 30-09-2017, 09:49   #9
taddy

Re: John Roy (Jon) Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Did Jon not working at the brickyard or not living in Ossy not come up in the conversation, but you wouldn't have taken his word when he would have told you he had not done either.
Yes, I did mention the fact that my mate and another chap called Harry Davies
once taught Tony and his brother John how to turn the shale tubs on the ginny wagon track system in the then Nori quarry in the 1960s.

A smile came on Tony's face and he readily admitted the (fact).

Neither Tony or Sue are the least bit pretentious and both enjoyed talking about their early lives, warts and all, (as the saying goes).

i have offered to send them some old photo's, clippings of Huncoat/Accrington.

One thing Tony mentioned which did surprise me, was that he was brought up on Within Grove Estate in Huncoat, at the time it was known as "the sawdust city"; If any members of Accy Web has any photo's newspaper cuttings of Within Grove taken in the 1950s, especially the prefabs that were built on what was then "Church Lane", now known as "Bolton Avenue"; that they would be willing to let me have a copy of, I would be very gratefull and would make sure that they were forewarded to Tony and Sue.

My wife and I have already provisionally agreed with Tony and Sue to meet up with them again next year on the Isle of Wight.

Thank you all in anticipation, Your's Taddy
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote