View Single Post
Old 30-10-2017, 20:16   #27
Chewbacca
Full Member+

Re: V Barnet Guess The Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
That is poor for a home game when we are battling at the top. I don't know what to suggest to entice more people to the club. When you consider Hyndburn has approximately 80,000+ residents we should be able to attract at least 2000 as a basic home crowd. We can guess at some of the reasons but it is a long standing problem. Personally I do think £20 for a walk on ticket is a little too much, £15 is enough. the cost of catering in the fanzone is a little ott. I am sure people will say it compares with other clubs but the real answer is people are not coming in sufficient numbers to keep the gates open at this rate. Pricing needs to be looked at. Rovers in league one are cheaper than us most times. I do question why the cost of catering at all football grounds is so expensive.
The queues are very for food and drink so people are paying the expensive prices.

As for tickets, it is all about cashing in on away fans. Dropping prices loses money in the short-medium term, but may be better in the long term if the fan base can be grown. After ST sales which are cheap at £219, there are not many walks-ons.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote