Old 04-11-2017, 10:22   #52
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: V Barnet Guess The Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Regarding all this misty-eyed optimism about home support going up if we make league 1, I remember the same sentiments being aired, when we were pushing for promotion from the conference...lots of predictions that our gates would be up to 2-3,000 if we made the league. It never happened and for our whole time in the Football League, our gates have been either the lowest or the next to the lowest of the 92.

Promotion to league 1 will certainly mean bigger away numbers, but I doubt many more locals will turn up, because the vast majority of them simply couldn't care less. A sad, but true fact.
Have to disagree mate, 62 did the damage in the main, most people me included, went elsewhere, got wed etc and took our kids, the older uns like me dad are long gone, kids that "Never" even watched the reds are very unlikely to switch sides and many of them are wed now, fact, I thought many years ago and suggested to the club, the main chance as i see it are too attract the very young, a few owd farts like me, Keep the faith,and the late Jeff came back but most didn't.