View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 20:05   #41
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Wigan Athletic Checkatrade Trophy Game

I don't care if it was the U18's we were playing last night. What I do laugh about is how the supporters of WAFC are embarrassed by the team that was put out and the result. The excuses are brilliant, but at the end of the day, we hammered them on their own turf. To say the crowd was 1473, it was pleasing to see 100+ make the journey from Accy and they were the ones making the most noise throughout the 90 minutes. Fair play to the young Wigan lads, they have skills to go past our midfielders and defenders, but these were backed up throughout the game by another midfielder/defender to force the players away from our goals. I don't think Strycek had a save of any note to make throughout the match, but at least he came through 90 minutes unharmed. Regarding Billy, he appeared to be limping at first when he was subbed, but then the limp disappeared, gamesmanship by JC? I'm also with others, how Sousa and McLeod don't start is beyond me and yes Liam Nolan had a solid game as did Scotty Brown. Overall an enjoyable experience and I am aware what some may say of the competition. but we can only hope that we do get as far as possible in this as it is a real chance to go to Wembley

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote