Thread: Season Tickets!
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2017, 02:05   #15
NORTHERNSOUL

Re: Season Tickets!

No chip on my shoulder at all.

All i was doing was pointing out that i dont see many buying them when the cost of doing so is 40 quid dearer than just buying a membership card and paying £15 on the gate each game.

And i fail to see what you think is ridiculous about doing something that saves the fans money and avoids paying a large chunk of money to a company that are simply parasites on the game.

There are plenty of clubs throughout the league that self fund their own schemes and dont charge any interest and only very minimal admin charges. And if you think about it doing so on a full season deal actually helps the club with its financial planning as it knows it has a regular sum of x amount of coming in from the direct debits every month.Yes i guess you have to learn to live without the cash injection from ST sales in the summer but i guess companies like Zebra dont pay out straight away either.

All it would need is for either Andy or his company to be willing to put an amount in during the summer and then recover it on a monthly basis as the Direct Debit payments come in over the next 9 months and eventually as it settles down the club becomes used to having its income spread out more evenly over the year the relliance on the summer loan reduces over time.Not sure why you think it would be so hard to administrate if there were say 500 ST holders on the scheme paying say a £15 admin charge thats £7500 easily enough to pay a bit of overtime for the girls in the office to handle the paperwork which would reduce drastically it there was a website that allowed people to set the direct debits up themselves online as most clubs have.

I dont think the current offer is anything but an attempt on the back of the current good run and league position to persuade people who might have done say 75% of the remaining games to pay for all of them and theres nothing in the slightest bit wrong with that its just the figures that dont add up due to the involvement of Zebra.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote