View Single Post
Old 29-12-2017, 18:40   #447
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Metal Detecting (Including Finds).

[QUOTE=Accyexplorer;1206424]I’ve given all my cap badges a light scrub and a good oiling R (I still can’t make out the No).
I had no idea there was so many similar Canadian badges.
Those are just a few of the Canadian Scottish Regiments and Battalions, many of them were replicas of the original Scottish home land Regiments, with the word Canada or a Maple Leaf on them, The Canadian Scottish were one of the few Regiments that could get away with less than a standard batallion, of 1000 men and 36 officers, some Canadian Scotts had as few as 500 men per Battalion. I've never counted all the badges dad left but there must be well over 300. I once asked the medal collectors next to the post office about them and he offered me 1500 qud for the lot, I told him where to go, found an out of date book on Canadian badges in Accy library it only valued a 3rd of them, and that came to nigh on 4 grand, what they are worth now god only knows, I once got in touch with some Canadian collectors, but they wanted me to take them over there, I might look green bud am nod daft.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote