View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 14:08   #455
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Metal Detecting (Including Finds).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That sure sounds like some kind of authorial quote, have you been sneakily bettering yourself Mr.AccyX?
No, I must of heard it some place, it’ll take more than education to polish this little treasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am not a fan of hugs(unless it is someone I know)...but I think on this occasion I might have succumbed(unless the said farmer was covered in cow muck that is).
I think he wanted to display his gratitude....felt that a man hug was appropriate, but if that made you feel uncomfortable then so be it.

As I get older(or more mature) I find myself more accepting of someone giving me a hug.
It is more expressive than a handshake...that is the domain of business men and bankers and only means they are not carrying a dagger(still doesn't mean much emotionally)
I’m actually a fan of hugs, i believe they should be encouraged, I’m just not effectionate in that way unless I really know the person (I’m happy with a old fanshined handshake until then).

To say on topic, here is a lovely young Victoria shilling I dug up earlier before rain cancelled play.
9679E7D6-BAC1-459A-ADF6-868812900D9D.jpeg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote