View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 18:28   #23
Lord Didsbury

Re: Today's Abandonment

I think it's great when we postpone at the last minute or abandon games half way through.
It means we get a better picture of the results we need to seal promotion with the games in hand but most of all it really seems to drive the more immature fans (both home and away fans) into bouts of irrationality. I've just enjoyed reading their hilarious little hissy fits on twitter.

Proper fans know and appreciate the eccentricities of tiny "tin pot" clubs like Accrington, with their quirky grounds and dodgy pitches and know that football is all the better for it.

I thought the abandonment today was inevitable. Despite what some of our fans said on the way out, and what Coleman said in his interview, the pitch was sodden, the ball was sticking all down the right wing. One of their players had skidded 10 yards in our area before the heaviest of the rain . More heavy rain was forecast. Wasn't it better to call it off then rather than the 80th minute?

Not sure what the relevance of the kids splashing about at half time has. Hardly worth comparing the two.

Last edited by Lord Didsbury; 01-01-2018 at 18:32.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote