Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Colours to the mast then Sir.
McLeod and Sousa play.
Who doesn't ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Haven't seen Sousa play (apart from 10 mins) and heard he's good but McCleod looks a poor player to me. Spends most of the time confusing himself and falling over. A footballing Norman Wisdom.
twenty Eight has a good point. Who would you drop?
In reply to 28 - I'm not suggesting that Sousa & McLeod would always be 1st choice for team selection, but one thing I would do is make far better use of our subs than we currently do.
Clark would always get priority over Sousa, but I'd be more than happy to sub Jordan if he starts to tire, or is having a poor game.
It's a case of horses for courses & selecting the right players for a particular match. I just felt a couple of fast wingers would have been more effective at Guiseley - only my opinion!
In reply to Lord D I would say - 'Norman Wisdom! Very funny.
You obviously didn't attend any of the pre-season friendlies, when both Sousa & McLeod featured against better teams & put in displays that made us all feel that this year would be our year.
In answer to your question, I would drop any player who didn't give 100%, or perform up to the required standard.
He would be out the very next game & someone else would be given the opportunity to prove his worth.
But then, team selection is not my responsibility - thank God!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote