View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 18:15   #29
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 27 v Chesterfield (home)

Kiwi Ploughs A Lonely Furrow But Reaps No Reward

Kiwi John, doubtless for his own inscrutable reasons , took up a strong position on the fence for Chesterfield's visit to the Wham, and equally doubtlessly thoroughly enjoyed the view from there of the Spireite's whamming , despite his resultant lack of points and a slide in the table from 22nd to 24th. Everybody else thought we'd win (I've told you before about over-optimism) and they were right (OK, you don't have to listen).

So at least 3 points for everyone except Kiwi, 4 if you expected 4 goals for the good guys or another clean sheet for Aaron, and 5 if you're as clever as Stevie R (which nobody else was ). But given results elsewhere that only gained Stevie a single place , stealing 15th from AccyMad on countback. The only significant moves involved a shuffle around at the bottom of the Top Ten, Nige B falling from 7th to 11th due to lack of entry , with Cashy (7th from 8th), and Ossy Kid (8th from 11th) benefiting.

Not a lot else to say except that I was a bit surprised last night to find the match thread as full of moans as ever - I'm coming to think that the first post on here, after the whistle goes at the end of the game that secures promotion, will be one calling for a new manager and completely new squad before the start of the next season. We won 4-0, chaps, that's not too bad really ....

So on we roll to Cheltenham, a point off the automatics with a game in hand - how did we manage that having lost 4 in a row and having 2 postponed over the last few weeks ...... and who cares

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 6 Jan 17.doc (81.5 KB, 17 views)