View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 16:06   #20
Lord Stiffupperlip

Re: Let's Have a Spireites Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Be interesting to see the stats after 47 mins- when we switched off. I would imagine they present a different perspective on the game.
If I were a Spireite I would not take a great deal of comfort in the performance or consider it the fairly even contest the stats over 90mins suggest.
Inspector M, my recollection of the game, ignoring the actual goals, was that possession was fairly even over the 90 minutes.
However, let's assume you are correct & that we dominated the game for the first 45 minutes - by say 60/40% in our favour.
To achieve a 51/49% after 90 minutes means Chesterfield had to literally reverse that ratio & achieve almost 60% possession for the entire 2nd half.
Do you believe that actually happened?
Having read some posts on the Spirerites forum, I know they are hurting after their humiliation & already feel doomed to relegation.
Let's not rub salt in an open wound by describing them as 'rubbish, crap, the worst team seen at the Wham'.
Saturday was simply a day when everything went right for us, and everything went wrong for them.
Let's give all our opponents the respect they deserve, whether they're bottom of the league or top.
At the end of the day, we're all brothers-in-arms just trying to survive.
One day - God forbid! We may be the one's in the pit of despair.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote