View Single Post
Old 13-01-2018, 22:07   #37
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Let's Have a Spireites Thread

Twas I who said they were the worst team I had seen since Stockport (2011). They were. I couldnt give a monkeys if it was a one off (it wasnt). Neither could I give a monkeys if anyone is offended by my opinion.

Fans the length and breadth of our fine Island have delighted in pointing out our pishpoorosity for decades. They have also revelled in the scorn of our tinpottery, and still do to this very day. Do I take offence at their disdain for my club? No I do not.

However, I am dismayed occasionally that they dont offer mitigation for our failings. We have truly climbed the abyss over the last 47 years. For 12 years (say it again Sam) we have, by a distance and without a shadow of doubt, been the poorest relation amongst the fabled 92. Yet they still deem it necessary to highlight our foibles. I still dont take offence.

By contrast, only 40 moons past since the Ites from the Spire lifted the League 2 Crown in front of another full house at their brand new £10m flat packed arena. Only 46 or so moons past since they emptied their sack of gold and promptly snared The Snake, who then gave a glimpse of that gold to Leam and Boco ... Treasure chests ahoy, Snake charmed, and packed house after packed house. Did they cast a backward glance at doddery old Stanley, limping along and unable to heat his one bedroomed flat? Did they heck as like. They're not unique neither. The footballing world oohed and aahed when Kettle torpedoed our promotion push 2 years ago. A day later twas but a cached cookie.

No, the world cares not for us and I care not for it. The bigger the club the more I shall delight in my gentle observations of how good they were not

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 13-01-2018 at 22:11. Reason: Swear filter circumventing
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote