View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:17   #53
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Coventry away ... all tickets a fiver

The match has been well summed by earlier posters above.
Maybe it was a mistake for Coventry to draw in such a big crowd, with the really cheap admission fee, as it might just have added to the pressure on their team to win. They were missing a couple of players through injury too. Having said that our boys were magnificent right down the team list. Chappers got better and better and did a couple of really confident high catches above a crowded penalty towards the end of the 90 minutes. Very pleasing to see and with his clean sheet I hope that he can repeat it consistently for the rest of the season.

Johnson set up the first goal with a driving run round the outside of their right back and he reproduced that determination a number of times throughout the match with similar runs. His corners too were hit hard and caused problems in their goal mouth. I could list all the players again and wax lyrically about how well they all played but essentially this was just a WONDERFUL TEAM PERFORMANCE.
I have to say that part of that team performance was THE INCREDIBLE SUPPORT FROM THE STANLEY FAITHFUL in our long thin triangle of seats in a corner of the ground. The continuous noise and the creativity of our singing still amazes me......!!!
Well done to the 513 loyal RED SUPPORTERS who out sang their 28,000 !!!
The players really do appreciate our support and once again they showed this at the final whistle.

What a GRAND DAY OUT!
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
ON STANLEY ON

KEEP THE FAITH

Last edited by choirboy; 11-02-2018 at 09:19.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote