View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 08:31   #460
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Metal Detecting (Including Finds).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
That is really interesting.
It just shows that you never know unless you check out with someone knowledgable.
Yes, like most things, it’s always worth running it past someone more knowledgable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2009 View Post
What a shame it broke while you were working on it. Is there any way you could confirm what some or all of the letters are on the inscription around the bottom? Maybe somebody make a stab at identifying it further?
Mark
Hi Mark, the finds officer has taken the thimble so he can do his report (size,weight etc).
When his report is finished it gets sent to a coroner to make the decision that it’s treasure and not a modern lost item.

After that, it then gets offered to the British museum who either make a offer for the item or release it for public auction (this process take between 6months-2yrs ).

If and when I get it back, it will hopefully have a full report (inc inscription) and I’ll be able to update folk further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
What a "Pisher" that turned out to be!
Everydays a school mate, it’s still a harsh lesson to learn

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote