Old 12-03-2018, 19:02   #226
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Pubs of Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Just spent ages reading thro this old thread, and it brings up a question or two or three, one I asked Dobbo years ago, the Railway pub on Blackburn Rd facing Eagle St was in existance before the railways came to Acc in the middle 1840's, What was its name, don't think Dobbo came up with the answer.
Donkeys years ago when I was indexing parish registrs and the local census returns, I started to create a list of all the names of Yards, Courts, Terraces. Ginnals, Back streets, Pubs, Clubs and ale houses, by that I mean any premisis that sold Camel Pee and needed a licence, I think Doobo borrowed it once fur summat, not sure where it is now appen int library. Final question mainly for Cashy how many Atlantic Oceans have you drank an peed during your life. I can just imagine when they put you in your final resting place, you'l have a pint glass in each hand, and your coffin lined with bottles of your favourite tipple. Just a pity coffin lid won't be big enough to have the names of all your drinking holes on it. Long may ye drink yu owd swigger.
Hey mate i aint had a drink fer a few years now,reckon i'm being paid back or summat. I got a form of neuralgia thats alcohol triggered, so thats how i come to that conclusion.