View Single Post
Old 13-03-2018, 13:09   #22
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Rutland Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Thanks Retlaw,

Our chap was William Chapman 1805 - 1904, Assistant manager in a print works, we think it was Broad Oak but the jury is still out.
In 1881, he and his family lived at 10 Hollins Lane, then in 1891, they are at Eaton Place and by 1901 they are round the corner at Holly Bank. Eaton Place and Holly bank are both houses I have never heard of and it is interesting to get some background on the houses themselves. Eaton Bank looks like a big house rather than separate ones.

I am plotting the co-ordinates of all the census records we have, onto a Google Map, only 50 more to do out of over 400, hence why I am at the 'W's.

Is the electors list available online? When we were in Accy library we got a lot of info from the books upstairs.
Hiyer Morcambee, Eaton Bank is actually a row of houses, can't remember how many but the have the same numbers as our block lower down, posty used used to do his nut at one time, till tey got a different post code up top, then when they made the Christ Church School into flats, same, we still get folk knockin on our doar looking for the tenants.
I know the owner of Holly Bank quite well, but I've never actually gone thro the gateway.
Sorry the Accy 1914 electors is not online, all the stuff in these computers is the result of 30 years or more of being a nosy ******, and why, where, & how, can't elp misen, took me months back in the 1990's at Fulwood, got fed up of searchin the medal rolls for Pals so I did the lot, over 35500 of them, just so I could sit on me backside here, an find them at mi leisure. Same with the local news papers for WW1, skenning at a micro viewer in library did my ead in, so they managed to get me those old news papers, and I photographed the lot, my backside an the cushions on my swivel chair are old friends an can't stand being parted.
By the way John Simpson works in the Accy Library Reference room on Mondays & Fridays, now John really knows his stuff, if any thing exists in Accy Libray John will know.
Just been thinking over what you are trying to achieve, eck thump, an theer were me thinking I was the only Barmpot trying to do the impossible, and you turn up, Crikey Moses.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote