View Single Post
Old 14-04-2018, 20:29   #30
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Exeter City Match Thread

It was a very even matched affair today....
Two good sides wanting to play football but both with a physical presence which lead very much to a cancelling out effect for much of the match.....
There was a great pre-match atmosphere and I really enjoyed seeing the flags and banners back on display as the teams came out.
It was a well respected minute of applause for John De Maine before the kick off applauded 100% by the Exeter fans too which was really nice to see.
Stanley started the stronger
but Exeter scored first with really their first decent attack. Stanley dug in though and got a well deserved equaliser through the "Lightning legs" of Kayden Jackson.
After half time the match developed into an 'End to End' process and both sides had opportunities to increase their goal tally. Both goal keepers played their part in keeping the score level.
In reality I suppose that a draw was always going to be the likely outcome with both sides playing with so much at stake.

Stanley can take solace in the fact that we stopped Exeter making any progress on us by denying them three points and we can now look forward to another chance to achieve promotion on Tuesday night against Yeovil.
I hope that the fans turn out on Tuesday in as good numbers as they have done in the last two home matches in order to help our team get over that line!
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote