View Single Post
Old 17-04-2018, 16:26   #25
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Crown car park steps

Remember when the steps down from The Crown were only about 3 feet wide in our Non League days? The queue at big matches during our promotion pushes then were a problem. Sometimes we had 2,500 + on the ground!
Regarding the issues now with the steel steps, which are slippy when wet. They could be painted with a textured paint which would improve the grip.
A ramp, which I think would be a good idea, has to be of a certain maximum incline and width and would need to have a slope adjacent and parallel to the wall and then a return fall with rails around them. This could also alleviate some of the numbers on the steps.
Using the new gates at the other end of the Clayton End car park would be great too but I understand that this is part of a wider plan to use the building near that corner which has been tidied up and made ready for fitting out for use by the club.
I fully agree with Mr T that we need to be patient as I am certain that Andy Holt and the club have all of these improvement issues in hand along with the Whinney Hill stand development.
Trust in Andy.....he knows what he is doing!

Last edited by choirboy; 17-04-2018 at 16:34.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote