View Single Post
Old 18-04-2018, 06:05   #9
Big Joe

Re: Are you worried about the knowledge that Facebook has on you?

I don’t have a Facebook account although I did have Twitter once. To be fair the world has changed no end to the point most of us have an online presence even if you don’t know it. Case in point me. I do the following. Internet bank, book holidays, airline tickets, car parking, order takeaways, hire cars, change energy suppliers, pay bills, track my car, check house security, and use the Accy web all online via my laptop iPad or as now my iPhone. The minute you do this you create an online presence that means some of your data is available for others to see and as such you start getting advertising emails and cold calls. Most people who sign up for online services or to social media sites always tick the terms and conditions box but no one ever reads them. In 2013 and 2013 Facebook changed it T and Cs 13 times but no one ever reads them. Do you know most councils generate revenue by selling residents council tax details. It’s how they generate revenue and they can do it because people do not read the forms properly and fail to tick the disclosure box. It’s the price of living in the modern world. One of my daughters works for a very high profile multinational. At her interview they asked her for the details of five of her friends. The reason to check their profiles to see if there is anything embarrassing on there relating to my daughter. Like many people now my daughter had two FB profiles one professional one social in a different name.