View Single Post
Old 19-04-2018, 16:36   #26
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 43 v Yeovil FC (home)

Choirboy Soars - But Who Gives A Toss About The Prediction League?

I'm betting there's only one table anybody's interested in looking at this week, and it's the one with Stanley on top and a "P" besides their name . But I suppose I've got to do my homework , and our shock this week is that it's still possible to gain 6 places in a week when Stanley win and everybody (apart from Kiwi John who I hope will now feel free to risk the wrath of the Antipodean gods and predict what he thinks, instead of what sacrifice may please them) gets 3, 4 or 5 points. But it helps do this if you've been rooted to the foot of the table with 0 points from 1 game since forecasting we'd beat Crawley at home on 23rd December - 4 points from a more successful prediction against Yeovil has now catapulted Choirboy from 40th= to the dizzy heights of 34th . But given that Crawley game was our last home defeat, it was a brave call to return to the game at this stage. Accyborn had a similar but smaller leap from 35th to 31st, with a maxi 5 points to add to his previous 2 from 3.

Moving to the business end of the table, two of the Top Ten also had maxis , AndyD having to be content with closing in on the podium while remaining 5th, while DaveinGermany squeezed past Div3North into 6th. And the other 2 maxis came from just outside the elite, Lord S staying put in 13th with AccyTom18 moving up to 14th at MikeA's expense.

For the rest of us, it was all about the difference between 3 points and 4, and, of course, whether you entered - which MonkeyHanger didn't, causing a crash out of the Top Ten, from 9th to 12th. Cashman, NigeB and Wynonie were the beneficiaries here. TomD took 4 to hold his 2 point lead at the top, 4 for Leylandii against 3 for Outback Ozzy took him into 2nd, a point clear of Outback who had previously held 2nd on countback. And Mab's 4 brought him level with Outback on 3rd=, with absolutely identical records. AndyD in 5th is a point (and a maxi) behind these two. No other positional changes, though a few gaps may have opened and closed.

Theoretically possible winners are now down to 16 (that's me gone ), but if we keep winning and everybody keeps the faith (and why wouldn't we ) it's probably down to the Top 5 mentioned above, though D-I-G might just have a say.

So now it's roll on the Chairboys, one of three theoretically possible champions. They have to win all 3 while we lose all 4 (and Luton only get 3 points from 3). If that happened they would almost certainly close the goal difference gap (on us, not Luton). Which means after they fail to beat us on Saturday , they're out of it. And if Carlisle beat Luton, so are they . Am I really writing this?

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 17 Apr 18.doc (85.0 KB, 14 views)