View Single Post
Old 29-04-2018, 10:45   #58
Lord Stiffupperlip

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Of course it was a great day and a wonderful season , and £3 is neither here nor there in that context. But neither day nor season would be improved by the club incurring a socking great fine from Trading Standards for failing to notice , or ignoring , a very well publicised change in the rules, which on the face of it would seem to be the case. So, assuming it is cock-up not conspiracy , the club should be pleased to have this brought to their attention. But I would ask Lord S please to complain to the club formally before dobbing them (us!) in.
Chimer my friend, thank you for your balanced case for the defence.
As for the acid-drop response from AccyMad implying I'm really Ebenezer Scrooge in disguise, I would respond thus;
Despite being a pensioner, I've been a season ticket holder for 2 years now & have attended every friendly, cup & home game.
Before that, I paid full admission prices.
I support the club through the 'Gold Bond' club & always purchase 50/50 draw tickets, buy programs, pies & beer
I donated unused kit to the OASSC, which raised over a thousand pounds for their cause.
The point is not that £3 is an acceptable charge for - and I quote 'Credit Card Admin fee, if applicable' but that the club are breaking the law.
Having paid by debit card, the club were paid instantly from my account.
£3 may be a trivial sum to AccyMad, but I've gladly contributed thousands following ASFC over the years.
Seems unfair for the club to reward my loyalty by picking my pocket for a paltry £3 & breaking the law to boot!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote