View Single Post
Old 29-04-2018, 14:27   #59
AccyMad
God Member

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Chimer my friend, thank you for your balanced case for the defence.
As for the acid-drop response from AccyMad implying I'm really Ebenezer Scrooge in disguise, I would respond thus;
Despite being a pensioner, I've been a season ticket holder for 2 years now & have attended every friendly, cup & home game.
Before that, I paid full admission prices.
I support the club through the 'Gold Bond' club & always purchase 50/50 draw tickets, buy programs, pies & beer
I donated unused kit to the OASSC, which raised over a thousand pounds for their cause.
The point is not that £3 is an acceptable charge for - and I quote 'Credit Card Admin fee, if applicable' but that the club are breaking the law.
Having paid by debit card, the club were paid instantly from my account.
£3 may be a trivial sum to AccyMad, but I've gladly contributed thousands following ASFC over the years.
Seems unfair for the club to reward my loyalty by picking my pocket for a paltry £3 & breaking the law to boot!
Just seemed to me an inappropriate time to whinge about such a small matter - Wynonie posted in a very similar vein & yet that doesn't seem to have upset you?
As for how much you've ploughed into the club over the years, you're certainly not unique in that & I can assure you that £3 is not a trivial sum to me but unlike you I won't go on about why that is as my personal circumstances are just that - personal!
Yes, the club made a mistake but I'm sure if you'd pointed it out to them instead of posting on here that you're going to report them to trading standards for it, the matter would have been sorted
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote