Thread: Sugar tax
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 14:05   #14
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Sugar tax

Less, I agree with much of your observations.
I think that we are all old enough to make the choices for ourselves...and if those choices are good one our children usually follow the pattern that we have created.
Personally, I resent the government and the experts who fail to give me the credit for being able to regulate my appetite.

And who is to say that in the not too distant future someone will come up with the idea that is an environmental factor that has cause the obesity crisis....that and an increasing sedentary lifestyle....where much work is not a physical as it was years ago.

As for the 'lazy fat slob' in the wheelchair or mobility scooter....well, I am reluctant to judge because it is a huge generalisation...and it could just be wrong.

My daughter has had a healthy diet all of her life...for much of it she was semi vegetarian...she was active, played sports, walked her dogs... went out to work...then she was struck down with bowel cancer.
The drugs which killed of the cancer have affected her very badly.

She is now seriously disabled and is reluctant to leave her home because she knows that people who do not know of her struggle with ill health will level that criticism at her...without knowing the true reasons.
She can no longer eat the salads she loved, the broccoli, the kale...you know..all that healthy stuff.
She stuggles now to walk...can only eat certain foods that do not irritate her stoma...and of course she has put a lot of weight on...this despite the fact that she eats very little.Not cakes, not biscuits, not sweet stuff.

So before you make the 'lazy fat slob' judgement, give a thought to those who are obese because of the drugs they must take to keep them alive

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 06-07-2018 at 14:09.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote