Thread: Bits & Bobs
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2018, 21:05   #129
Twenty Eight
Senior Member+

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I stay away from Twitter but, given that it seems to generate infantile controversies, the rest of the media seem to live by it today.
According to the BBC Andy Holt suggested Salford FC were buying their way into the League by luring the Aberdeen striker on several thousands/week wages.
Gary Neville responded, no doubt knowing his mates at the BBC would make a story from it, with predictable ripostes. Somehow, GN seemed to think AH was seeking 'franchise' football, which seemed a mystifying accusation.

IMHO, I think AH was silly to get drawn into such a pointless argument. Money has always ruled the game and what Neville and his millionaire mates are doing at Salford is nothing new. At least they have picked on a team at a lower level and are bringing it through the pyramid, rather than buying an existing league club and moving it to Milton Keynes.

Agreed Exile.
I made the point before about Andy's often over exposure and candour on social media and got shot down in flames.
Salford's wealth has nothing to do with us.
If Andy had £50 mill spare would he refuse to sign better players because it wouldn't have been fair on other clubs ? ..............
A franchise is EXACTLY what he's suggesting.
Hand over mouth shout full up.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote