View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 11:56   #20
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Kayden Jackson in the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
No I don't suggest turning decent money down. Quality players like them are rare. I know Coley has brought some good players here and yes we have a good squad. Unless you know you are going to be able to replace like with like or better then we are weakening a strong team. Donacien was the most under appreciated player we had.
Yes Chrisr. I agree with you about The Don. I always rated Janoi very highly as indicated in many of my post match comments over the last two seasons have shown and in my comment yesterday. I remember well that he made his debut in the superb 3-2 victory against, favourites for the title, Doncaster Rovers in our first match of the 2016/2017 on Saturday 6th August 2016. Janoi had only signed for Stanley the day before and very late in the afternoon and hadn't even trained with the squad! He was thrown in at LEFT back and had a pretty torrid time. I can still see and hear Mark Hughes trying to 'Captain' Janoi and keep him in position. He played quite a lot of that season in both full back positions sharing the jobs with Matty Pearson who sometimes played at centre back.
For me Janoi was always better at Right Back but last season he played mainly on the Left where he still did a great job.
Let's hope that at Ipswich he realizes fully his true potential and that they sell him on to one of the top Premier outfits for MILLIONS......then we can get an even better pay out.

Good Luck to Janoi........

but it is stilll.....
ON STANLEY ON
The story continues....
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote