Old 06-08-2018, 06:48   #51
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Gillingham (H) match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Cashy
Be honest.
Do you think our side Saturday was weaker stronger or on a level with last season ?
I hope my good friend Cashman , who is nothing but honest on all occasions, won't mind me interjecting here... but whether we were a weaker, stronger, or ' on a level side than what we all enjoyed watching last season was surely decided for those watching by the quality of the excellent opposition which Gillingham presented.
As previously posted, I came away with the immediate opinion that Stanley's midfield and both wingers were simply not in the game, and that this was perhaps the main reason for the scoreline.
However, having had a few moments to consider this decision my revised opinion is that the four players mentioned were not weaker, stronger or on the same level, but were simply not allowed to perform because they were overwhelmed by opponents so obviously superior to themselves .
Perhaps if you were to save this question for a couple of months then everyone on the forum would be rushing to discuss the issues involved.

ON STANLEY !... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote