View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 08:44   #34
taddy

Re: Wellington Bomber production in Accrington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norahs Lad View Post
I have a photo of my mum on what I presume is a works outing. Before the war, she worked at the cotton mills before moving to H&B to "rivet Wellingtons" as she would put it. As such, I'm not sure whether it is a Mill outing or an H&B trip; they both must have given the workers some breaks; also I had heard that H&B looked after their workers.

My mum, Honora Maguire at the time, is seated front centre; with her older sister, Margaret, immediately behind

Here is another photo of Honora and Margaret (both on the right) which, I believe, was taken near to their house in Plantation Road.

Margaret lived in Huncoat and married a gentleman called Harold but I'm sad to say that I've left it too late to find out anything more about them, except that they moved to Towneley Avenue.

cheers

Mike
Would the gentleman called Harold and the lady called Margaret have the sirname of Cullan or Cullen, if so then their sons still live in the village
I have lived in Huncoat for 64 years and I am about the same age as the two lads.

Your's. Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote