Thread: Former Players!
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2018, 22:17   #1057
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Yes that's true. The more able, versatile players do get moved into other positions. Less versatile players only play in their own position. Is it fair and is it right? Well who knows. I guess if you asked Ben if he would rather play left back or sit on the bench, he'd probably say I'll play left back?......only one man picks the team and he decides who plays where.
When I played as a lad I preferred to be in midfield but because I was pretty quick and could also kick well with my left foot I got stuck out on the left wing more often than not because no one else could play there!
Having said that I still scored plenty of goals cutting in onto my right foot like Sean Mac does and made lots of goals for my Centre Forward who used to get a 'Tanner' for every goal he scored!"..........
.........I got nowt!
I remember scoring a couple of 'Blinders' with my left foot too when I just flung my left foot at the ball and caught it right....Whooosh!!!!!

Sure, the more versatile players get moved around a bit and are often played 'out of position' but the Managers know who is doing a really good job for them even if the fans don't always get it!

Basically .......players have to be prepared to play wherever the Manager wants then to play!
And the best players do it well!

Last edited by choirboy; 14-09-2018 at 22:21.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote