View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 09:51   #29
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2018/19 Prediction League; Game 10 v Walsall FC (away)

Your Correspondent Confused By Victory

To begin with an apology …..

An early move in producing the Weekly Drivel is to use the previous Prediction League table as the basis for the new one. But when I went to get last week’s to use in that way, I couldn’t find it in my files , so I went to retrieve it from my post at the end of the Wombles thread. But there wasn’t a post from me at the end of the Wombles thread …… ooops …… so a double report needed now, and the Doncaster game’s tonight so I’d best get on with it.

Stanley 2 AFC Wimbledon 1

There was remarkable unanimity in the camp that we would finally find a home win against the Wombles, only Monkey Hangar and Stevie R plumping for another draw and being appropriately rewarded with a single point each, resulting in dramatic falls from 3= and 5th to 12th and 13th. So at least 3 points for everybody else, with 8 maxis including our leaders Kiwi John and Lord S, taking them a further point clear of their chasers, with Kiwi on 23 and Lord S on 22. Next highest maxis were Leylandii and AccyMad, climbing from 7= and 9th to 3= (with 4 pt Football19) and 5th, then Pifco and Mab, 12= and 14= to 7= and 9=, and finally Choirboy and Proccy Fan, 27th and 28th to 23rd and 24th. 10 of the rest of us got 4 points, with 5 having to make do with 3. In the resultant shuffling about, MikeA sneaked into the Top Ten, which was actually a Top Eleven, as part of a 3-way tie for 9th – got that?

So let’s roll on to Walsall ….

Walsall 0 Stanley 1

….. where a lot of people leapt smartly and apparently sensibly on to the fence , seeing as how we were away to a team above us in the table. In fact 4 leapt completely over the fence, with 11 landing on top and only 10 of us having the courage of our inflictions and sticking with Stanley. And Billy Kee Pen and Connor Clean Sheet duly rewarded the courageous , though it was just a pair of Ds who took maxis this time, Tom of that ilk scooting up the table from 16th to 5= while Andy climbed from 20th to 12=. Cashman and DaveinGermany picked up a bonus for Connor’s clean sheet, with 6 more taking the basic 3 points. 7 drawmongers and 3 pessimists also scrabbled a bonus point, mostly from the penalty spot.

Movement in the table saw Football19 elbowed off the podium, and Div3North, Mab and MikeA climbing from 9= to 5=, alongside Tom D (so we’ve now got 8 in the Top 5). Cashman also climbed into the Top Ten, at 9= with a declining AccyMad. NigeB, Pifco and myself were shunted out of the elite for the time being. Whilst at the very top of the tree, Kiwi John’s single point doubled his lead over pointless Lord S, and Leylandii’s 3 saw him take closer order in 3rd, just a point behind M’Lord.

And now it’s roll on the Belles, who’ve been completely shafted by the powers-that-be-and-have-money in the women’s game over the years, and are now rock-bottom of the Northern Prem with no points and a -28 goal difference after 6 games – or are we playing the lot that are 3rd in League 1? Better check before I put my prediction in ….

On Stanley On!!

P.S. I’m attaching the Prediction League table as after each of the last two games, for the seriously deranged / interested among you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 22 Sep 18.doc (74.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: doc SPL 29 Sep 18.doc (74.5 KB, 20 views)