View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 22:14   #10
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Donny Match Thread

It was a fantastic night of action at The Wham stadium and the atmosphere was superb.
Both teams came out playing 'Slick' football right from the start. Doncaster looked very confident and as if they expected to win again tonight. They had a couple of good chances early on but Ripley was equal to any of their efforts. The save with his foot from Malik Wilks was just excellent! Stanley got into the game more as the half proceeded and could have scored on the stroke of half time when McConville struck the post from a free kick with their keeper well beaten and then the ball came back to McConville and he rattled the crossbar with his follow up shot!
My daughter and I went round to the new 'Eric Whalley Stand' just before half time to try out the seats and check the view of play. Plenty of leg room and a great view of the field of play especially under the brilliant new floodlights!
AT LAST STANLEY HAVE A PROPER FOOTBALL GROUND........Well done to Andy Holt and all those working hard behind the scenes to make these things happen.
I know there are still jobs to do behind the stand but it looks just perfect for our club!
Back into the Clayton End for the whole of the second half and the atmosphere was simply superb with the Ultras in constant voice urging our boys on to victory. Victory finally came from Offrande Zanzala when he latched on to a Billy Kee pass and Offrande pressured their centre back into a rushed challenge. He got a yard ahead of the defender and raced in diagonally towards goal. The finish was wonderful with a well struck left footed drive under the goal keeper and into the far corner of the net.
IT WAS JUST 'BONKERS' IN THE CLAYTON END BUT IT LOOKED LIKE THE WHOLE OF THE STANLEY SUPPORT FELT THE SAME TOO ALL AROUND THE GROUND WITH EVERYONE BOUNCING UP AND DOWN!
The Stanley boys controlled the last few minutes for a well earned victory against highly fancied opponents!

Difficult to single out players as all our team played really well. Billy looked sharper and caused Donny lots of problems and he played some quick passes out to the wings which kept the momentum of our attacks high. Barlaser reminded me of Steven Gerrard at times. Scott Brown had a terrific game too. Our wingers Seany and Clicker were magnificent and the fitness of the whole team impressed me immensely! MOM rightly went to Ripley but Donny's keeper had a good night too.

We could all see just what the victory meant to the STANLEY Players and Management when they celebrated the win at the end. Applauding the fans and punching the air in acknowledgement of the part that the wonderful Stanley support had played in taking all three points!
Fifth place now and in the Play Off positions and level on points with Sunderland!
OOed a thowt it eh?
ON STANLEY ON
THE FUTURE IS LOOKING BRIGHT!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote