View Single Post
Old 20-12-2018, 13:56   #11
hilleluk

Re: TV licence scam.

Reading this brought back a memory of about six years ago...We pay our licence fee by standing order, one day I was cancelling a standing order, by mistake I cancelled the bbc one...I won't tell you what I said but the second thought was I will come back to it.

We had a rather old TV it weighed a ton, took two people to lift it. The sky box had a tendency to freeze, this happened again on a beautiful sunny summer day... My grandson and husband managed to pull it to the middle of the living room floor.cursing and swearing and my contribution being, stop the language, and a small row erupted, not an unusual occurrence in our house... The door bell went I opened it without closing the living room door, two men were standing there folder in hand, BBC Licencing written over there jackets...Do you have a television, he said, well I could hardly say no, it was in the middle of the floor...I asked them to come in, It's a serious offence not to have a licence, I know that I said. explained to him what had happened, You could go to court for not having one, my patience was put to the test,,,Look I will set up a direct debit as soon as possible, as far as a going to Court you really should not threaten people...Never heard from them again
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote