Old 30-12-2018, 13:07   #31
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: vs Peterborough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Just a couple of observations from one who wasn’t there but has watched, in agony, the so-called highlights!
Criticism of Sir Billy when he’s alone up front seems a tad unfair. Has always seemed to me that his role then is not to be Roy of the Rovers, and be able to beat an entire defence single-handedly before smashing the ball in the net. His primary job, as Chevyfire noted, is to receive, control, and lay off to on-rushing colleagues. Of the three first-half ‘chances’ shown the video, Billy did that in two of them.
I suspect it wasn’t hand ball by the Posh player in the box. Looked like he probably used his chest to control the ball, but it was his bosom that was on the wrong side of the Clayton End but the right side for the ref.
I have been saying fer ages Billy needs another striker with him no doubt at all to me, he was one of the better of a very poor display i thought,but to me most unfair to have him alone as a striker. imho