View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 07:17   #42
1976Bantan

Re: Bratfud game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
First the sending off, Zanzala was kicked from pillar to post NOTHING at all was done about it, by the useless pillock refereeing the game, then to us he seemed to flip and put in a real dangerous tackle. The crowd were constantly booing the lad, before that tackle at half time we were convinced it was deserved, at half time Andy Holt showed us his phone and it didn't look half as bad, then on the bus home the guy in front of us showed us his phone which was a close up of the tackle, and nodoubt at all to us it was a sending off. Stanley were flagged offside, but the Bradford free kick wastaken in Stanley Half, that demonstrates perfectly to anyone with sense what a pillock was reffing the game.Stanley overall did not play dirty yet 6 bookings, besides the sent off player,also Bradford beyond doubt deserved to win the game, they played very well, much better than the posh we thought, yet are low down in league 1.
Morning. Agreed the ref wasn’t great but can’t agree Zanzala was ‘kicked from pillar to post’. As one of your fellow posters has said he seemed to fall over/dive a fair bit, had the crowd on his back and as a result took it out on our player O’Brien (who had to go to hospital for stitches in his shin) - red card all day long and I’d say O’Brien was lucky it wasn’t worse.

Coleman must be very frustrated as I think it was Zanzala who ran the game when we played at your place, albeit as your posters have said we’re a different team from then to now.

As for the offside call you mention, think this is the 2nd or 3rd season in operation for the offside law change where the free kick is given at the point the player commits the offence, even if it’s in his own half e.g. you could be 10 yards inside the opponent’s half when the ball is played, but it’s just cut out by a defender, you then run straight back into your own half to tackle him - the free kick will now be given at the point you became offside i.e. interfered.

It’s pretty rare, but we had one given against us in very similar circumstances in the first season the change was live. I’ve pasted an extract from a newspaper article at the time the change was announced:

“Part of the law book says when players commit an offside offence you give a free-kick where the offence occurred. The other part of the law book says you give a free-kick where the player was when he was in the offside position. So a player can actually move 20 yards from being in an offside position … and it is only the moment he plays the ball that he is penalised. The law tells you to give the free-kick in two different places.

“So, in future, the free-kick will always be given where he commits the offside offence, even if he is in his own half, because you cannot be in an offside position in your own half, but you can go back into your own half to commit an offside offence.”

So whilst I get why you’re having a go at the ref about his handling of the game, you can’t criticise him for that particular decision! Good luck for the rest of the season.
1976Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote