View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 21:16   #53
Jeg Red

Re: Bratfud game thread

Don’t panic! Trying to put a bit of balance into things. We’ve been under par in the last 2 games and been well beaten, however, in balance, we’re mid table one level up from last season and learning at this level with a decent 3rd round FA cup tie to look forward to and a Checkatrade Cup game closely following.

Agree with Coley that we started brightly, and for me, seemed to get rattled by Ripley’s booking, lost concentration and conceded a sloppy goal. Zanzala didn’t seem to handle the occasion, let the crowd get to him, and overcommitted to recover a poor first touch by lunging in. Good move for Scott Brown to get into dressing room to be present when Zanzala get back there. We switched off again for second goal. Management team set stall out to have a go in second half with substitutions and formation change, only to be undone with a decent goal 5 mins in, albeit we did stand off the lad on the edge of the box. Huffed and puffed from then on with no real threat.

If someone had offered me being in this position over half way through the season, I’d gladly have taken it.

That all said, we need to quickly get out of this sticky period quickly as the danger of getting sucked into a relegation battle is a risk.

Not long ago, we were 4th and we haven’t turned into a bad side overnight - other teams may have worked us out, but let’s remember, we’re a league up from last season and against better players and managers.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote