View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 08:11   #1
ITFC

Ipswich Town fan here.

Hi,

Just wanted to drop in a comment about your place and the game etc.

First of all congrats and good luck in the cup and for the rest of the season. 👍

I had never been to Accrington before and have to say what a picure-esque and friendly place. A really nice town. We drank before the game in the Crown which had a mixture of you and us, and got talking to the locals and the bar staff. Your town is so different to the citys around it and i mean in a good way. Felt like i was on holiday away from the husle and busle of big citys etc. Could proper forget the stress of earning and the rat race!

Now, visiting generic big new stadiums etc might be some peoples cuppa but for me it the character of a ground that does it, and yours has bags of it. Right from the car park to the centre circle. Terracing, quirky walk ways to the fine selection of pies etc etc. Loved it. Proper football played in a proper ground. Inc chatting to the players afterwards.

Anyway im going on a bit but you get the idea!

So you still have a chance to get into your playoffs but and i dont mean this in a horrible way but i hope u dont. As we are getting relegated and i want to come up to your place again for the weekend and enjoy a Friday night and a full Saturday out and about inc the pubs obviously!, inc the game on the Saturday!

Cheers
ITFC.
ITFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web