View Single Post
Old 20-01-2019, 15:02   #7
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Hunt The Thimble With A New Twist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes Less...I remember those days....and the Aspidistra sat in a huge ugly pot on top of the singer treadle sewing machine....used only at Christmas...or for a funeral....back then the coffin with the deceased in it was put into the front room the night before the funeral.
Perhaps I should have started this thread in Nostagia Ain't What It Used To Be...?

Quote:
Oh Less....don't tell me that you had some kind of corpse in there(a dead rodent) surely not.....a corpse smells far worse than the most rancid sock.
Believe me...in my time I have come across rancid old socks(tramp admitted to the medical ward with toenails grown through the soles of his boots springs to mind)....not a smell that is easy to forget.
No Margaret I also know the smell of rotting flesh:-
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...rat+man+cometh

Quote:

It wasn't Stinking Bishop cheese...left over from some evening soirée was it?
No....I give up!
You give up too easily,

Although I said it started Friday, we need to go back to the Monday, before I went out and witnessed this:-
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...highlight=Kesh

I had the forethought to prepare my supper, it was to be blue cheese and crackers, now as we all know the flavour of cheese improves at room temperature, so I unwrapped the cheese and put it on the lower shelf of my coffee table, this turned out to be a case of 'out of site out of mind' as I forgot all about it.
However four days of maturing there really did improve the flavour and the blue veins never have looked so blue!

So, Karma coming your way.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote