View Single Post
Old 27-01-2019, 09:56   #55
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Clayton End v Derby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Great day unlucky with the result, BUT what disappointed me was Sykes taking a little kick at the Derby player on his back in the clayton end box lucky ref and liner missed it.
I too was an armchair fan yesterday and what i saw made me proud to be a Stanley fan. But I also agree re Barlaser, he deserved his red card and although the Ref and his assistants missed Sykes little kick, the TV didn't and I'm afraid it might be picked up by the FA and another player with a lengthy ban follows suit. Great display from the Clayton end (well done Jase for the organisation). One thing I found funny was Kelle Roos, he seemed to dive to make a save after the ball had passed him on 2 or 3 occasions, however, the one dive he made to save the ball, was the one that stopped us getting a replay!
Also, I agree about Professor Coleman's comments. I do feel for him, but, there was only one person to blame for potentially spoiling the match and that was Barlaser, not the referee.
As I said, despite the result, I was proud of what I saw yesterday during the live transmission and also the comments of the pundits on Match of the Day!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote